Job Opportunity – Accounting Manager with Senneca Holdings– Springdale, OH
Are you a strong accounting professional looking for the next step in your career? Do you enjoy analyzing and solving complex problems? If you answered “ yes” to these questions, then Senneca Holdings has the position for you!
We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the innovators that created our brands from traffic doors, to cold storage doors, to fiberglass doors and beyond. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations and to providing doors that offer safety and protection to our customers’ most important assets – people, products, capital investments and processes. We are seeking an Accounting Manager for our Springdale, OH location.
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for all assigned tasks related to the corporate general ledger and oversight of standard costing system. This includes standard cost development and maintenance, investigation and explanation of variances, budgeting and forecasting, and participation in the annual audit. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Performing monthly close process through preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Assisting management in streamlining the close process systematically to improve the quality of deliverables to meet required deadlines.
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of standardized best practices pertaining to the reporting and analysis of financial results.
- Participating in annual budget process and quarterly revisions to plan.
- Acting as a liaison for divisions’ questions and requests regarding general accounting.
- Oversight of cost accounting.
- Coordinating plant cycle count programs, inventory reports by location, and inventory turn calculations.
- Overseeing physical inventories in coordination with plant personnel.
- Providing backup support for other accounting functions.
- Providing ad hoc analysis for financial projects as needed.
- Preparing financial presentations for senior management.
- Participating in process improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as required by company management.
- This position could involve travel to operating companies (presently estimated to be approximately 25% of the time).
We are seeking an independent self-starter with the ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop solutions or alternatives. Additionally, you will need:
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting, finance or related area or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in accounting, finance or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- Cost Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations and classifications surrounding the accounting function.
- The ability to consider the cost and benefits of potential actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Strong computer proficiency (especially Microsoft Excel and Access).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and a high attention to detail; ability to be deadline oriented.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems at a functional and strategic level.
- Commitment to company values.
This is an exciting opportunity with a growing company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.