4501 Quality Place Mason, OH 45040
Job Opportunity: Accounting Manager – Harris Products Group – Cincinnati, OH
Do you have experience managing accounting and financial processes? Do you thrive on the cadence of closing the books, reporting, and problem solving? Are you looking for the next growth in your career? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
A wholly-owned subsidiary of The Lincoln Electric Company, The Harris Products Group is a world leader in metal working products used in the brazing, soldering, welding, cutting and gas distribution industries. Demonstrating a commitment to stewardship of the global environment, all facilities are ISO 14001 certified for environmental management systems. We are looking to add an Accounting Manager to our team in Mason, OH!
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the accounting and financial processes to assure compliance with federal, state, GAAP, Corporate and Company standards. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for coordinating annual budget preparation including forecasts, EBITB scorecards, cost savings projects and various analysis and strategies to meet corporate targets, as well as communicating said targets to various levels of management. Additional responsibilities of this position will include:
- Ensuring timely and accurate submissions of all Financial Templates and requests to Corporate Financial Reporting.
- Implementing controls in all domestic entities in adherence with Corporate Policies and ensuring all required documentation reflects the current control environment.
- Reporting key metrics and business drivers internally, including any variances.
- Effective Internal Audit Reports (SOX, FCPA) and E&Y Audit Reports.
- Monitoring Control Structure and Corporate Compliance.
- Coordinate the monthly close for all domestic entities and submitting financials to Corporate Financial Reporting.
- Supervising and reviewing work of accounting staff, including posting journal entries and reviewing account reconciliations.
- Setting objectives, clarifying expectations, providing feedback, training/coaching, disciplining and evaluating employees on accounting team.
- Perform regular supervisor administrative duties such as documentation, review and approval of timesheets, absence requests, expenses and pay changes.
The ideal candidate for this position will be detail-oriented, accurate, with strong project management skills. Additional requirements for the Accounting Manager include:
- Bachelor’ s in Accounting/Finance and four years of related professional experience and/or training. CPA and MBA preferred.
- Supervisory experience.
- Proficient in ERP financial systems with SAP experience preferred.
- Advanced experience in Excel, PowerPoint, & Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written forms, with internal and external customers. Ability to present to stakeholders required.
- Strong analytical skills with problem solving ability.
- Technical, leadership, delegation, and people management skills, with the ability to remain honest and maintain integrity.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts used for forecasting, budgeting, and calculating estimates.
- Understanding of FASB standards, GAAP standards, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.