Air Freight Operations Director (3rd Shift)
Career Opportunity: Air Freight Operations Director (3rd Shift) – Hebron KY
Are you an expert at air freight operations? Can you keep multiple business units working in harmony to ensure efficient operations? If so, we want to hear from you!
Our client is looking for a 3rd shift air freight operations expert to direct and control the physical movement of cargo into, within, and out of their facilities. In addition, the Air Freight Operations Director will:
- Directs activities to ensure the safe, timely and cost effective processing of air express cargo freight.
- Implements and directs quality control program for all operational areas.
- Establishes, monitors, and revises policies, procedures, and service standards for operations to agree with global standards.
- Directs and ensures compliance with corporate, facilities, gateway and airline policies, procedures and standards in accordance with government regulations.
- Establishes and maintains a record keeping system for all warehouse operations regarding volume, damages, safety incidents, productivity, etc.
- Communicates with some or all of the following business units: systems operations control, load control, facilities maintenance, sort, ramp, gateway and US Customs to ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Manages 2-6 subordinates; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff.
- Spokesperson to external customers, industry groups and/or professional associations.
- Creates workforce staffing plans and ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish planned business results.
The ideal candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done and:
- 10 + years’ experience in logistics, transportation, warehouse or industry related field preferred.
- Position is 3rd shift, candidates should be flexible and willing to work any shift.
- Minimum 7 years of managerial experience required.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
- A wide comprehensive acquaintance and understanding of both general and specific aspects of work supervised and practical application to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Able to develop and promote personnel.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a stable company, apply today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.