Apparel Purchasing Manager
West Chester, Ohio
Career Opportunity: Apparel Purchasing Manager – Ripple Junction – Cincinnati, OH
Are you a pop culture junkie? Is apparel purchasing your life blood? Do you thrive on score carding vendors to drive efficiencies and improvements? If so, Ripple Junction has your next opportunity!
Ripple Junction’ s team of imaginative pop culture fanatics create the planet’ s most awesome t-shirts and officially licensed products. We are armed with a passion for all things movies, television, anime, music, video games, and pop culture. And we’ re fans first: Doctor Who, Bob’ s Burgers, The Big Lebowski, Seinfeld, The Goonies, The Big Bang Theory, Atari, Rick and Morty, Attack on Titan, Playstation… “ Make rad” was the idea that Ripple Junction was born out of - now it’ s our life’ s work.
We are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join our team at our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati/West Chester, OH. The Purchasing Manager will lead a team that ensures customer satisfaction, continuously improves the procurement process, analyzes costs, maintains proper levels of inventory and manages supplier performance based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability. Additionally, you will be responsible to:
- Improve, streamline and standardize processes and procedures implementing best practices.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with vendors to ensure timely accurate delivery of high quality products, at a competitive price.
- Direct procurement policies and monitor compliance to ensure items are purchased and delivered on time.
- Oversee Inventory Stocking Program to insure inventory is at optimal levels.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Maintain approved supplier database.
- Insure RJ and supplier compliance with Customer, Licensor and governmental quality standards and regulations.
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns.
- Hold suppliers accountable to performance expectations such as on-time delivery, price and quality.
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts.
- Manage workload across the purchasing, inventory, and customer service teams.
The ideal candidate should be a problem solver, self-motivated, have high attention to detail, as well as:
- College degree, preferably in Business, IT or Operations Management.
- Proven experience in apparel purchasing.
- At least 5 years of relevant purchasing experience with increasing responsibility including leading a purchasing department.
- At least 2 years people management experience.
- Experience with A2000 ERP preferred.
- Proven record of excellent customer service.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a company experiencing strong, steady growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.