Billing and Collection Specialist
Career Opportunity: Billing and Construction Specialists – Dayton, OH
Do you have experience in the Construction industry? Do you thrive on maximizing company revenue through effective billing and collection practices? Do you have the attitude to take ownership and get the job done? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client is a Dayton based construction company that is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented Billing and Collections Specialist. This position will work directly with project managers and accounting personnel to produce invoices, including construction invoices, resolve invoice discrepancies, and perform collection tasks, while providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
The Billing and Collections Specialist will be responsible for:
- Project and Construction Progress Billing
- Produces daily project and progress billing
- Keeps records of all retainage deducted by client
- Interfaces with project managers and senior management on all aspects of construction accounting including billing verification and collection.
- Prepares and submits AIA billings to multiple jobs monthly on a strict deadline basis
- Processes OCIP requirements
- Follows up with subcontractor to obtain timely updates and invoices
- Produces daily parts only order billing
- Contacts customers, by telephone and email, to determine reasons for overdue payments and secure payment of outstanding invoices
- Communicates with management and escalates collection issues as appropriate to resolve.
- Maintains relationships with customers’ AP departments with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
- Identifies and resolves billing disputes to secure payment
- Ensures all clients remain informed on their outstanding debts and deadlines
- Processes lien releases
- Prepares monthly collection reports
- Creates lien release waiver maintenance
Qualifications for this position include:
- Must have minimum 3 years of billing and collection experience with 2 years in the Construction industry preferred
- Must have AIA billing experience
- Cash receipts forecasting
- ERP experience with billing and collections, Netsuite experience is preferred
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.