Brake Press Operator
3460 Grant Drive Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Career Opportunity: Brake Press Operator with Fecon in Lebanon, OH
Do you excel at operating CNC machines? Can you edit a CNC program to deliver quality parts? Do you enjoy working in a positive, energetic team environment? If so, we want you to join our team!
Fecon is a leading manufacturer in the Forestry and Construction Industries for track carriers and attachments. Our international headquarters is located in Lebanon, Ohio and is home of the Bull Hog® mulcher. Fecon is continually adding to and advancing our robust product line. In fact, we’ ve recently added an additional 40, 000 square feet of manufacturing space. There’ s room for you to come and join this company on the move.
A Brake Press Operator uses an electrically powered industrial machine to create, shape and customize metal material into a variety of forms dictated by the manufacturer. We are looking for a Brake Press Operator to join our 1st or 2nd Shift manufacturing team. The successful individual will perform machine setup and operation. This position will also be responsible for the following activities:
- Sets stops on machine bed, change dies, and adjust components, such as ram or power press, when making multiple or successive passes.
- Operates power press, power brake, apron brake, swaging machine, foot-powered press, hydraulic press or arbor press according to specifications.
- Installs, aligns and secures gears, holding fixtures, dies to machine bed, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims and hand tools.
- Plans sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of the metal.
- Inspects workpiece for defects.
- Measures workpiece and verifies dimensions and weight, using micrometer, template, straightedge and scale.
- Selects and positions flat, block, radius, or special purpose die sets into ram and bed of machine, using hoist, crane, measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintain the machinery and keep the work area clean and orderly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology, preferred
- 2+ years previous experience with CNC machining
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, drawings, and machine sketches
- Ability to edit G-code programs for CNC machines, preferred
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and jib cranes
This is an exciting opportunity to do something extraordinary: join a growing team that produces great equipment in the USA that is used around the world. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls.