Job Opportunity: Commercial Buyer with Fameccanica North America in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have the technical knowledge to understand the parts you are ordering? Can you build processes and develop a preferred vendor program? If so, we have an opportunity for you.
Fameccanica North America is growing! We are a market leader in the design and manufacturing of machines used by major consumer goods companies for the production of disposable products -- including diapers, sanitary napkins, detergent packing, and paper processing. We are seeking a full-time Commercial Buyer to join our growing company in Cincinnati (West Chester), OH.
The Commercial Buyer is responsible for acquiring materials and documents to fulfill requests for purchases, including preparing purchase orders and handling inquiries about orders; as well as continually seeking new sources for different products. Follows through with purchase from order placement to fulfillment and ensures order arrives undamaged and on time. This individual will assist in maintaining inventories of materials, equipment, supplies, and other products as needed.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the Commercial Buyer include:
- Seeking to improve purchasing power by continually seeking new vendors and negotiating the best price and delivery.
- Establishing a Preferred Vendor criteria and list, listing the vendors that will always give us world class service, price and delivery.
- Assisting with the tracking of purchases from order placement until item(s) arrive onsite
- Assisting in strategic evaluation of suppliers by conducting research, analysis and/or participating in or driving the selection process.
- Leading efforts to identify and implement cost savings opportunities and meet assigned cost targets in the area of engineering changes, VAVE, lean activities and re-sourcing activities.
- Representing purchasing in customer quote process, including bill of material cost development and quotes that are aligned with organizational targets.
Qualifications of the Commercial Buyer will include:
- Three (3) years of purchasing/inventory control experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience sourcing parts for machinery preferred
- Associates degree or better in Mechanical Design or Mechanical Technology
Come join the Fameccanica North America team and experience non-stop innovation! Apply online today.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. Relocation is not available.