Electrical Engineer / Systems Architect
Career Opportunity: Electrical Engineer / Systems Architect – Apex Supply Chain Technologies – Cincinnati, OH
Do you embrace the IoT (Internet of Things)? Are you excited by the prospect of managing the development and design of next generation architectures and embedded systems from start to finish? Do you thrive in a position of leadership, working in an industry with cutting edge technology? If so, Apex Supply Chain Technologies wants to consider you for an Electrical Engineer / Systems Architect position at our world headquarters in Mason, OH.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies operate by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions through automated point-of-use dispensing and supply chain technologies. They are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is looking for an Electrical Engineer / Systems Architect to lead a small team of Electrical Engineers in the design and development of multiple electrical engineering projects working with Point-of-Work systems and embedded hardware. Additional core responsibilities include:
- Design and develop next generation architectures and embedded systems used in various industrial vending solutions, sensor devices and Point-of-Work systems;
- Manage projects from concept to production including developing specifications and project plans, and executing the plan using both internal and external resources;
- Design and develop embedded hardware products to implement the Point-of-Access sensor, dispensing, and access control devices for high volume production that meet customer requirements and applicable regulatory requirements;
- Create layout for advanced 8 layer PCB assemblies;
- Design and develop communication protocols/methodologies (i.e. I2C, SPI, etc.) between sub components of embedded systems; and
- Create and maintain PCB libraries.
What we need from you:
- BS in Electrical Engineering;
- 10+ years of experience in a related field, managing complex embedded systems projects from concept to production;
- Experience working in all forms of embedded systems all the way from " bare metal" to full embedded operating systems such as Linux;
- Full understanding of microcontrollers with a mastery of computer architecture, digital electronic design, software engineering, data communication, control engineering, motors and actuators, sensors and measurements;
- Experience in Project Management with architecture and specification development;
- Knowledgeable in writing simple GUI applications;
- Working knowledge / Experience with:
- Embedded I2C, SPI, etc. communications,
- Familiar with some scripting languages like TCL, Python, Perl, etc,
- Asynchronous, TCP/IP, HTTPS, Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Cellular Communications,
- 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit embedded processor knowledge,
- Embedded hardware architecture/design/debug/test for medium to high production volumes,
- In-circuit & JTAG debuggers, logic & protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes and typical electronic test equipment,
- Mastery of the Engineering root cause analysis and debugging processes with rigor,
- Expert level experience with C or C++ programming language,
- Experience sourcing hardware components;
- Application of appropriate regulatory requirements to the specific hardware designs; and
- Experience working with a team on a previous embedded system design and development projects.
What’ s in it for you?
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.