Gloucester City, New Jersey
Job Opportunity – Factory Manager with Senneca Holdings– Gloucester City, NJ
Do you pride yourself on your ability to manage and inspire people? Do you consistently go the extra mile to ensure products are manufactured with superior quality? If you answered yes, then Senneca Holdings has the opportunity for you!
We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the innovators that created our brands from traffic doors, to cold storage doors, to fiberglass doors and beyond. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations and to providing doors that offer safety and protection to our customer’ s most important assets: people, products, capital investments and processes. We are seeking a Factory Manager for our Gloucester City, NJ location.
As the Factory Manager, you will direct and coordinate activities concerned with production of company products. You will also manage three subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 100 employees in Aluminum Frames and Doors, Glass Operations and Maintenance. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Conferring with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, developing budget and cost controls and obtaining data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Planning and directing production activities and establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinating production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviewing and analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- Developing and implementing operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revising production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Consulting with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Conducting hearings to resolve or effect settlement of grievances and referring unresolved grievances for management union negotiations.
- Compiling, storing, and retrieving production data.
The ideal candidate will excel in the following areas: Analyzing Complex Information, Problem Solving, Change Management and Performance Coaching. Additionally, you will need:
- A Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a strong company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.