Field Service Technician - Southern California
Los Angeles, California
Career Opportunity: Field Service Technician with Melink – Southern California
Are you a road warrior with a strong mechanical and electrical aptitude? Are you a self- driven individual with the ability to provide exceptional service to customers throughout the United States? Do you have the ability to multi-task independently and resolve technical issues? If you answered yes to these questions, Melink has the opportunity for you!
Melink is a global provider of energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for commercial buildings with four business offerings: HVAC Testing & Balancing, Intelli-Hood® Kitchen Ventilation Controls, Solar PV Development, and Geothermal HVAC. For 30 years, we’ ve been helping companies save energy, increase profits, and make the world a more sustainable place.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician to provide technical support to Customers and Contractors to rapidly and thoroughly resolve issues throughout the United States. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Making recommendations for potential service enhancements or modifications to meet the ever-changing needs of the customer base.
- Performing system commissioning for commercial buildings including Air/Water Balance, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) testing, Equipment start-up, and Quality Assurance (QA) testing.
- Installing and/or commissioning control systems for commercial kitchen ventilation.
- Writing technical reports at project completion for submission to customers.
- Other job duties as assigned.
This person will have a high emotional intelligence, positive attitude and a service leadership philosophy. Additionally, you will need:
- The ability to travel 100% of the time (throughout the United States)
- 5+ years experience with Air/Water Balance, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) testing, Equipment Start-Up, and Quality Assurance (QA) testing
- NEBB and TABB Certification a plus
- Electrical, mechanical and controls experience
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour training preferred
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity and a penchant for high quality
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-accountability
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors, and customers
- A beginner level knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio)
- Must be 21 years old
- Spanish fluency is beneficial, but not required
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make an impact in a strong company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.