Career Opportunity: Financial Analyst – Council on Aging – Cincinnati, OH
Are you a financial professional looking to take your skills to the next level? Do you have the ability to see the “ big picture” while analyzing complex reports? Do you excel in creative problem solving? Are you up for a new and exciting challenge? If you answered “ Yes!” then we have the position for you!
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Council on Aging is seeking a Financial Analyst to analyze budget and capital improvement requests, prepare budget recommendations and prepare monthly & annual financial summaries of fiscal data. In addition, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and processing grants as well as local, state and federal funding budgets.
- Preparing and maintaining complex reports.
- Representing Manager, Controller and CEO in meetings.
- Responding to inquiries under the direction of management and senior leadership.
- Preparing monthly financial statements and management reports.
- Financial Planning and Annual Budgeting - analyzing agency and levy budgets regarding spending histories, inflation, salary adjustments, program trends and spending projections.
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting detailed organizational position budget; including review of structural changes and monitoring projections for resulting budget impact.
- Assisting in development of pricing and cost models. Preparing and maintaining complex reports for forecasting and pricing information.
- Analyzing and reviewing any and all current trends in program activities to determine the cause and any potential effect that the trend will have on the program in the current and future years.
- Monitoring and presenting financial results, forecasts, and analysis to management and senior leadership on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Assisting in coordination, administration and training on Agency Budgeting Software for management staff and other users.
- Performing project management on both agency-wide projects and portions of projects specific to fiscal management as necessary.
- Incorporating programmatic data to complete ad-hoc financial analysis and preparing recommendations for management and senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking, analysis, organizational and communication skills. Additionally, this person will have:
- A Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting; government structure and process; mathematical principles; data entry operations; management systems analysis and design.
- Ability to interpret federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Experience working with general ledgers and budgets.
- Strong computer skills in using Microsoft Excel, Word and accounting and/or financial software systems.
- Ability to travel for training/meeting engagements.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a company who makes a difference, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.