Freight Traffic Manager
Career Opportunity: Freight Traffic Manager with Senneca Holdings in Cincinnati, Ohio
Do you excel at analyzing data and driving excellence in processes? Do you thrive analyzing systems to optimize processes? Are you a detail-oriented individual? If so, we want you to join our team!
At Senneca, we embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the innovators that created our brands from traffic doors, to cold storage doors to fiberglass doors and beyond. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations and to provide doors that offer safety and protection to our customer’ s most important assets… people, products, capital investments and processes. We are seeking a Freight Traffic Manager for our Cincinnati, Ohio location.
We are looking for a Freight Traffic Manager to join our team. The successful individual will direct and coordinate warehouse activities documenting and routing of outgoing freight and verification and reshipment of incoming freight by performing the following activities:
- Manage all activities of assigning classifications accordance to the type and weight of freight or merchandise being shipped or received and prepare billings from tariff and classification manuals
- Review documents to ensure compliance that assigned classifications and tariffs are in accordance with mode of transportation and destination shipments
- Investigates shipper or consignee complaints regarding lost or damaged merchandise or shortages in shipment to determine responsibility
- Direct preparation of claims against carrier responsible and corresponds with shipper or consignee to effect settlement
- Schedule shipments to ensure compliance with interstate traffic laws and regulations and company policies
- Bachelor’ s degree from four-year college/university
- One or Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal skills to be able to communicate to individuals and groups of people
- Strong problem-solving analytical skills to be able to create work flows and procedures
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategies to align with organizational goals and adapt strategy to changing conditions
This is an exciting opportunity with a growing manufacturing group. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls.