Managing Funeral Director
Career Opportunity: Managing Funeral Director – The Arlington Memorial Gardens – Cincinnati, OH
Are you ready for the challenge and the opportunity of your lifetime?
Arlington Memorial Gardens, the largest memorial park cemetery in the Tri-State area, is adding a Funeral Home/Life Celebration Center to our operations. We are building the newest and most current funeral home facility and crematory in our area. Our next step is to find the best person to lead our “ Life Celebration and Funeral Center” as we grow into this new operational area.
Are you compassionate and skilled in providing comfort and support to others after the loss of a loved one? Do you pride yourself on your organizational and leadership skills? If you are experienced in funeral home operations and ready for the opportunity of a lifetime, then we have the position for you!
The Arlington Memorial Gardens is a 165-acre non-profit, independent non-sectarian cemetery serving people of all faiths and religions who reside throughout Greater Cincinnati. We have developed and nurtured growth by providing great customer experiences and outcomes.
The Managing Funeral Director will be responsible for the overall operation and management of a new “ Life Celebration and Funeral Center” in Cincinnati, OH. Key areas are:
- Business management of the organization responsible for all financial and operational processes
- Preneed Sales - Meeting with prospective clients to sell the benefits of our organization. This includes leading and training a sales force in need-benefit selling.
- Ensure all details of the funerals are handled in a dignified and professional manner, including embalming or cremation as needed
- HR leader - responsible for creating a culture of Excellence
- Providing input in the design and operation processes for the funeral facility
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to talk to others in a positive and confident manner. Additionally, you will need:
- 10-15 years of practical funeral home experience with 5 years of leadership.
- A current Funeral Director and Embalmer license is required.
- Selling and coaching skills combined with a competitive drive.
- The ability to deal sensitively with distressing situations.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Strong skills in the following areas: sales, service orientation, critical thinking, coaching, complex problem solving, customer service, law & government, administration & management, philosophy & theology and human resources.
- It would be a bonus if you have experience in either opening a new funeral home or a major remodel.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required.
If you are a fit for this exciting opportunity, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.