Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Manager
Career Opportunity: Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Manager with Frutarom – Cincinnati, OH
Are you a hands-on, result driven Health and Safety Manager? Are you well-versed in all federal, state and local regulations? Do you thrive in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment? If you answered “ Yes!”, then Frutarom has the job for you!
Established in 1933, Frutarom, located in West Chester, is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
The Health, Safety, and Environmental Compliance Manager will be responsible for maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations on air and water pollution, waste disposal, chemical releases, as well as the health and safety of workers. This individual will frequently interact with regulatory agencies and develops compliance strategies. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the direction of all safety and environmental training efforts, along with site security.
- Identifying regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations including NJDEPs, SPCC/DPCC, storm water, air permits, pollution prevention, emergency response, etc.
- Completing all permit renewal applications and regulatory reports such as monthly DMR’ s, KPI’ s, SARA 312/313, air emissions, hazardous waste, etc.
- Ensuring wastewater compliance.
- Managing hazardous waste program (inventory, disposal, record keeping).
- Serving as the plant liaison to EPA, OSHA, NJDEP, POTW, HMDC, and LEPC as directed.
- Contributing to and improving plant safety program.
- Serving as a member of plant safety team and actively leading and participating in process hazard analysis (PHA), job safety analysis (JSA), risk assessment, and management of change (MOC).
- Assisting in all plant safety and environmental audits.
- Reviewing and developing health and safety policies, procedures, and guidance and implementing these policies.
- Maintaining accident statistics, along with all environmental and safety records.
- Investigating or arranging for all accidents and near-misses to be investigated, preparing report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and solution implementation.
- Planning all internal and external drills.
- Serving as a key member of plant operations team.
The Health, Safety and Environmental Compliance Manager should be hands-on and results driven. Additionally, you will need:
- Bachelor’ s degree in the Health, Safety or Environmental field or equivalent.
- 5 - 10 years managing safety and environmental compliance in a food or chemical plant.
- Ability to grow in position to take on more responsibility and handle HSE for multiple sites in the future.
- Ability to work with engineering to achieve pollution prevention and waste reduction goals.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us! Apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.