Career Opportunity: Kitchen Manager with Coffee Emporium - Cincinnati, OH
Are you a Kitchen Manager who is passionate about efficiency, quality and productivity? Are you successful at building an effective, empowered team to support our quality comes first attitude?
Coffee Emporium, Cincinnati’ s oldest operating coffee house, is seeking a Kitchen Manager for our Norwood kitchen production operations. We have been acknowledged for having the best coffee in the city and the best atmosphere to enjoy it in. The food we offer plays a large role in that. As Kitchen Manager, you’ ll be responsible for overall kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation, training employees, cost control and, most importantly, ensuring cafes are appropriately supplied with product. You’ ll manage, hire and train the kitchen team, ensure proper and compliant food handling and sanitation, and work with the catering operations as well.
What’ s in it for you:
- An amazing opportunity to collaborate with our owners and team, to support our culture and proactively identify opportunities for improvement following the Plan-Do-Check-Act approach
- A unique opportunity to build a connection with food, and play a key role in what we present to our customers
- An opportunity to engage your entrepreneurial spirit in a thriving small business; the ability to wear many hats is a must!
- Hire, manage, train and develop all existing and new kitchen personnel – a cohesive team means not only success in the kitchen, but success for the team members as well
- Utilize your knowledge and passion for the kitchen to ensure proper execution for the exceptional results for which Coffee Emporium is known
- Use your business savviness to oversee the business operations of our production kitchen
- Serve as a leader and representative in our local community and the world at large
Bring your strong work ethic, passion for exceptional food, along with:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a production kitchen, and minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a management role (required)
- Serv Safe certification required
- High level of motivation and ability to build relationships with staff and members; the ability to build a strong team is a must!
- Proven ability to manage budgets, costs and financials of the kitchen and catering operations
- Proven flexibility to identify and respond quickly to changes in priorities
- Willingness to work extended hours, and weekends, as warranted
- Exceptional detail orientation, to ensure cafes are appropriately supplied, flexing to incorporate seasonal needs
Ready to pursue your passion and to be part of a Cincinnati mainstay? Come join the team at Coffee Emporium! We offer competitive pay, great benefits and regular hours to have your evenings free. Submit your resume online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V.