Low Voltage Field Technician - Columbus, OH
Career Opportunity: Low Voltage Field Technician – Matrix Systems – Columbus, Ohio
Do you thrive on installing and troubleshooting systems that protect from threats of all kind? Are you an expert in installing access control equipment and circuits? Do you understand IP Video and IT Networks? If so, we’ ve got the perfect opportunity for you.
Matrix Systems, an industry leader in access control and security management solutions, is seeking a Field Technician in Columbus, Ohio.
The ideal candidate will have experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems. Being able to work with open and closed circuits and understand voltages. The position is responsible for installation, servicing, and preventative maintenance activities. The selected candidate will be able to pass a 10-year Homeland Security background check for access across airports. In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Completing all terminations and installing equipment to ensure access control and security systems that satisfy customer and contractual requirements;
- Conducting tests to ensure all newly installed access control systems and component devices are operational;
- Troubleshooting new access control system installations to ensure proper functioning;
- Understanding of applicable local, county, state and federal codes relevant to installed systems;
- Presenting a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance;
- Promoting, building, and maintaining good customer relations and assisting with contract retention;
- Performing scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems;
- Assisting with the start-up of new equipment or system installation and making adjustments as needed to ensure the system is operational;
- Providing basic hand tools as needed for installation and maintenance of equipment;
- Supporting service related calls within the territory, providing required hardware and/or software support. During on-call hours, the technician will be required to respond to customer calls in a timely manner and may require site visits depending on the priority of the issue.
To qualify for this great opportunity, you should have:
- Three years’ experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems;
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electronics, security, or computer systems preferred;
- IP Video and IT experience preferred;
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls;
- A valid state driver’ s license, without restrictions, is required;
- Successful completion of drug screen, Homeland Security background check, and motor vehicle report.
Don’ t miss out! Come join a growing company that is committed to their employees as well as to continuous process improvement. This is an excellent opportunity and offers a competitive compensation package, medical insurance package, 401K plan with company match, and a flexible work environment.
If you have the required experience and qualifications, please apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. Relocation is not available.