Maintenance Technician 2nd and 3rd Shift
Gloucester City, Ohio
Job Opportunity – Maintenance Technician 2nd and 3rd Shift – Gloucester City, NJ
Do you thrive on ensuring production equipment hums smoothly every day? Can you improve plant mechanical systems and equipment performance? If so, we want to speak with you.
We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the innovators that created our brands from traffic doors, to cold storage doors, to fiberglass doors and beyond. We are committed to exceeding our customers’ expectations and to providing doors that offer safety and protection to our customer’ s most important assets… people, products, capital investments and processes. We are seeking two Maintenance Technicians for our Gloucester City, NJ location.
We are looking for two Maintenance Technicians, one on 2nd shift (2: 00 pm to 10: 30 pm) and one on 3rd shift (8 pm to 6: 30 am). The successful maintenance professional will maintain and improve plant mechanical systems and equipment in order to provide a high degree of Safety, Quality and Productivity, in an Insulated Glass and Door Manufacturing setting. The positions are responsible to:
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and replace production equipment in areas such as; processing, filling, packaging, warehouse and all other equipment related to the plant
- Performing PMs during operation or during scheduled downtime
- Machining parts for replacement or repair as needed
- Design and fabrication of mechanical items in response to the need of the equipment or production
- Spare Parts List audits when required
- Keep all work areas neat and clean including the maintenance shop
- Record and communicate shift activity in an organized manner
- Responding to production equipment emergencies in a prompt and professional manner
- The ability to communicate with line personnel and supervision to stay up to date with the current schedules to maximize downtime/equipment availability
- Communication of potential equipment problems to production and maintenance supervision to allow for scheduling or repair.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make recommendations based on mechanical/technical knowledge.
- Follow all plant and departmental job procedures and plant safety procedures
- Minimum of two years’ experience as an industrial or commercial technician
- Proficient in work order management (i.e. CMMS software)
- Experienced in troubleshooting of automated production equipment and packaging equipment.
- Person needs to work well with little or no supervision in a team environment
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully, fast-pace goal-driven environment.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, continuous improvement, in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.