Manager of Finance and Business Intelligence
Career Opportunity: Manager of Finance and Business Intelligence
Are you a high-energy financial leader with the ability see the big picture? Can you adapt to frequent change without missing a beat? Do you have a willingness to try new approaches to old problems? If you answered “ Yes!”, then we have just the position for you!
Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio (COA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing quality of life for older adults, people with disabilities, their families and caregivers. We promote choice, independence, dignity and well-being through a range of services that help people remain in their homes for as long as possible.
Council on Aging is seeking a Manager of Finance and Business Intelligence to lead and guide COA’ s financial management program and business reporting efforts by supplying analytics and financial management support. This manager will also support two self-directed teams: Finance and Business Intelligence.
In addition, the Manager of Finance and Business Intelligence will be responsible for:
- Operationalizing the financial management vision in concert with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Establishing key business objectives and measures that support the vision.
- Ensuring that levy projection reports for all counties are accurate and that projections reflect program census and service trends as well as other key variables.
- Developing budget calendar; ensuring that adequate review time occurs for senior leadership, Finance Committee and the Board of Trustees.
- Executing budget process within established parameters including meeting budget calendar deadlines.
- Developing system for reviewing budget projections monthly and preparation of reports for submission to agency managers and senior leadership team.
- Ensuring compliance with operating budget by monitoring appropriation levels, conducting financial projections, monitoring allocations, and other financial activities as appropriate.
- Ensuring the production of annual budget book which provides detailed information regarding budget assumptions for both revenues and expenditures.
- Developing and executing analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new service offerings, new business opportunities).
- Ensuring financial support for development of pricing and cost models; preparing and maintaining complex reports for forecasting and pricing information.
- Overseeing benchmarking/time study activities to establish opportunities for organizational improvement and for use in financial decision making.
- Collaborating with Accounting Manager and Controller as needed to meet the deliverables of the finance functions.
- Developing and enhancing business reporting tools, processes, and systems.
- Providing decision support to senior leaders, managers and various boards through the timely production of reports and analyses needed to assess and evaluate operations and support strategic decision making.
- Implementing best practices in business intelligence analysis and reporting.
- Providing training on data analysis as needed for managers and staff.
- Partnering with Information Technology Manager and IT staff on projects/initiatives related to data quality, data store development, technology selection, system design, and system migrations.
- Overseeing development and maintenance of the COA Data Store and SAS Enterprise Guide analysis libraries and deployment modules.
- Leading or overseeing data quality initiatives and leading and/or participating in evaluation capacity improvement efforts.
- Communicating with key stakeholders via presentations, reports and attending various department staff meetings.
*In addition to the financial and business intelligence responsibilities, this person will also be responsible for various leadership/management and departmental budget responsibilities. *
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Additionally, this person will need:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or MPA preferred.
- At least three years of supervisory or management experience.
- At least two years of financial experience in an organization with multiple funding streams.
- Ability to be a systems thinker.
- At least two years of experience producing and/or evaluating business reporting documents designed to provide data for decision making purposes.
- Experience in preparing and analyzing complex projections with ability to identify issues, concerns, and solutions.
- Experience in presenting to boards/committees, including external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Experience developing applied research methods (quantitative and qualitative) for program management and business operations.
- Ability to interact with people from all organizational levels and build consensus through negotiation and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand the work environment and competing priorities in conjunction with the ability to adapt to frequent change and quickly learn organizational programs, concepts and practices.
- Proficiency with a wide variety of software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and specialized business intelligence and statistical analysis applications like SAS or SPSS.
- Experience administering and developing content for SAS Enterprise Guide preferred.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a company who makes a difference, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third-party candidates please.