Career Opportunity: Product Specialist / Technical and Mechanical Sales – Cincinnati / Dayton Area – Tri-State Wire Rope
Do you like to come up with solutions for your customers? Do you enjoy a role that is “ more than sales” in helping adapt the application of our product to help our customers? Our Product Specialist role focuses first on solutions and technical assistance for our customers and then selling our products as a part of that solution.
Tri State Wire Rope is looking for a full time Product Specialist / Sales Representative responsible for field customer support & selling activities in the specified territory. Our primary products and services target heavy lifting & rigging activities and as such our customers are businesses in the crane, construction, heavy manufacturing, and transportation industries. Duties will include such things as:
- Maintain and cultivate existing accounts developing cross selling activities.
- Monitor trends in customer’ s business activities and communicate to management in a timely manner.
- Target and acquire new business accounts particularly in the manufacturing and industrial markets.
- Serve as an industry “ expert” or consultant for the customer to engage and sell products
- Conduct inspections and analyze rigging applications as necessary for customers. Use of inspection software required.
- Assist or directly lead the training of customers.
- Carry out administrative duties applicable. CRM software management, expense forms, etc.
We are a family owned, full service rigging shop that fabricates, distributes, services and inspects rigging equipment. The company has thrived for over 40 years and has been successful due to the strong commitment to quality customer care which will be reflected in this role. You will work with one other individual to serve as a representative of the company, responding quickly to customer and company needs.
Successful candidates will have a High School diploma or equivalent. In addition we are looking for someone with:
- Experience in sales, preferably in similar industry
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written – Public speaking a plus
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated & goal oriented
- Problem solving abilities particularly relating to lifting and rigging applications
- Mechanically inclined
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs including Explorer, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact with a nationally recognized company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates.