Kingsview Dr Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Job Opportunity – Quality Inspector with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati
Do you have a passion for ensuring only quality products are shipped? Can you evaluate and inspect suppliers to meet our high-quality standards? Do you have experience with CMM? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a century, Kadant has been delivering smart and efficient solutions to process industries. As a global leader in fiber processing; fluid handling, doctoring, cleaning, and filtration; and wood processing systems, we design and manufacture products used in industries ranging from paper to plastics and textiles to tires.
Kadant is looking for a Quality Inspector to establish quality standards and institute methods for inspection, testing, and supplier evaluations. This role will require performing inspections of Kadant products at Kadant manufacturing plant, as well as supplier site inspections as required. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Establishing and maintaining test inspection criteria for all Kadant products.
- Participating in supplier selection based on manufacturing capabilities.
- Conducting quality system audits at supplier facilities.
- Conducting in-process inspections at Kadant manufacturing plants and/or supplier facilities as required.
- Approving Kadant products that are shipping directly from our Supplier to our Customer per P.O. instructions and certified drawings.
- Performing final pre-shipment test and inspection of various Kadant-produced and sub-contracted products, frequently involving programming and the use of a CMM (coordinate measuring machine).
- Creating CMM inspection programs/models for products with high volume inspection requirements.
- Participating in design reviews.
- Developing and maintaining Product Quality Specifications, including assisting our suppliers in understanding specifications and requirements that are unique to Kadant products.
- Establishing in-process inspection points and identifying special fixtures, jigs, and inspection equipment unique for our products, including identification of when and where the instruments are needed.
- Administering Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs) and deviation processes.
- Assisting in the resolution of warranty claims.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 10 years of inspection experience.
- Have broad knowledge and experience in fabrication, machining, and assembly, with a high degree of technical capability.
- Have experience working under a QMS/ISO 9001 business quality system.
- Be proficient in using all required test and inspection equipment needed to evaluate products.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today or email your resume and salary requirements to Job@strategicHRinc.com. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.