Senior Firmware Engineer
Career Opportunity: Senior Firmware Engineer – Mason, OH with Apex Supply Chain Technologies
Do you want to lead the development of real world business applications leveraging the Internet-of-Things (IOT)? Do you thrive on turning concepts into production systems? Can you lead a design team? If so, Apex Supply Chain Technologies has a position for you!
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies operate by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions through automated point-of-use dispensing and supply chain technologies. They are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to be a key member of the Advanced Technology and Innovation team working in a diversified environment to design and develop firmware and hardware for the next generation industrial vending machines and Point-of-Work systems. Additional core responsibilities include:
- Design and develop embedded hardware products to implement the Point-of-Access sensor, dispensing, and access control devices for high volume production that meet customer requirements and applicable regulatory requirements
- Design and develop firmware and software using C/C++ and Assembly for sensors, controllers, microprocessor peripherals and embedded data communications (including asynchronous, Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS) on RTOS and Linux
- Design and develop communication protocols/methodologies (i.e. I2C, SPI, etc.) between sub components of embedded systems
- Management of projects from concept to production including developing specifications, project plans, and plan execution through the coordination of internal and external resources
What we need from you:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a related field, managing complex embedded systems projects from concept to production
- Experience working in all forms of embedded systems all the way from " bare metal" to full embedded operating systems such as Linux
- Full understanding of microcontrollers with a mastery of computer architecture, digital electronic design, software engineering, data communication, control engineering, motors and actuators, sensors and measurements
- Experience in Project Management
- Working knowledge / Experience with:
- Embedded I2C, SPI, etc. communications
- Asynchronous, TCP/IP, HTTPS, Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Cellular Communications
- Setup of embedded OS
- Embedded hardware architecture/design/debug/test for medium to high production volumes
- In-circuit & JTAG debuggers, logic & protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes and typical electronic test equipment
- Mastery of the Engineering root cause analysis and debugging processes with rigor
- Bootloaders and Embedded Linux Kernels
- Experience sourcing hardware components
- Demonstrable knowledge of C /C++ programming
- Experience with RTOS programming tools with embedded system network APIs
- Experience using Qt on embedded Linux Platform is a plus
What’ s in it for you?
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.