Senior Manager of Product Development
3380 Langley Dr Hebron, KY 41048
Job Opportunity: Senior Manager of Product Development with Galerie in Hebron, KY
Do you dream about how to make your products better? Can you optimize product strategy to improve market share and profits? Are you a high-energy and detail-oriented leader? If you answered yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
GALERIE® provides outstanding customer service while delivering fresh, innovative confectionery gifts of the highest quality and value. We are a design-driven enterprise, bringing more than 1, 200 items to retailers every year. In addition to the Galerie brand, our licensed product lines include Disney, Star Wars, Hershey, Minions, Trolls, Peppa Pig, Marvel and Warner Brothers. Our extensive seasonal and everyday offerings are perfect to give and receive!
The Senior Manager of Product Development will be responsible for leading the organization in research for new products, product enhancements and product redesign. The Senior Manager of Product Development evaluates the potential and practicality of products in development and relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Additionally, this position will be responsible for:
- Originating, as well as improving products in collaboration with sales, marketing and design to meet customer needs, margin requirements and sales plans.
- Ensuring sufficient representation of Core, Chase and Risk within the assortment in all categories.
- Overseeing key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Continuously monitoring for improvements and efficiencies within PD and throughout the organization.
- Developing and implementing processes and procedures for monitoring projects in an effort to inform management of current status of each project.
- Developing strategic direction and plans to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Product Development department, as well as those of the company as a whole.
- Identifying and onboarding new suppliers and maintaining strong partnerships with existing ones while working in collaboration with Procurement, Quality and Operations.
- Ensuring and supporting adherence to company safety and quality guidelines and processes.
- Implementing a staffing and training strategy to manage PD requirements.
- Deep knowledge of competitive products and players and sharing and developing strategies to address with key counterparts.
The ideal candidate for this position will be efficient, adaptable, and someone who fosters a receptive atmosphere to encourage open communication. Additional requirements for the Senior Manager of Product Development include:
- College or advanced degree in business or general studies required.
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in development, procurement or operations.
- Strong negotiating and above average math skills (i.e. ability to calculate figures and amounts in relations to percentages, foreign exchange rates, tariffs, and duties in addition to P&L relationships).
- Process driven, with a high energy level both in the office and traveling internationally.
- Knowledge of Visual Manufacturing, Access, Crystal Reports (or other reporting systems), and Excel are not required, but preferred.
- Strong computer, verbal communication, and written communication skills.
- Excellent time- and self-management skills and ability to be proactive with change.
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work on a global stage from our Midwestern base with its affordable cost of living, comfortable lifestyle and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
Come join us! Submit your resume and salary requirements online today.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.