VP Operations in Cincinnati, OH
Career Opportunity: VP Operations in Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you a recognized leader in specialty chemical manufacturing operations? Do you have food or food ingredient manufacturing experience? Do you enjoy leading teams of professionals to success, improving all aspects of operations? Would you like to be a key team member for a growing company who is a world class leader in their industry?
Our client is quickly growing and searching for an experienced Operations Executive to lead daily production operations from their corporate office in Cincinnati, OH. The successful candidate for this position will have manufacturing operational experience in the food and beverage industry.
What’ s In It For You?
- A growing company with a commitment to excellence.
- An environment that values talented and dedicated employees.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- A fast-paced and energetic company where every day is an adventure – there is no status quo!
What You Will Do.
As Vice President, Operations, you will work closely with the management team to direct the daily operations of the Company in an efficient and profitable manner. This includes activities of production, materials management, logistics, warehousing, quality, safety & security and regulatory issues for all operations in North America. You will lead 8+ direct reports and their teams among various locations in an environment emphasizing excellence, safety, and environmental responsibility. You will maintain a production schedule that is timely, efficient and cost effective. You will ensure the Company is compliant with all pertinent regulations issued by federal, state, local and foreign governments regarding environment, product safety, shipping, and health issues. You will maintain inventories of raw materials, intermediates and finished goods at appropriate levels by developing an exceptional Material Management System.
Qualified candidates should enjoy a production environment; be a strong leader with solid business acumen, and have:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a technical or business discipline is required; a Master’ s degree with a business focus is preferred.
- 10 - 15 years of experience preferably in chemical, food & beverage, nutraceutical or pharmaceutical industries (minimum of 5 years in upper level operations).
- Global experience including integrations/acquisitions a plus.
- Experience in an ERP environment.
- Ability to create and present reports and information to a variety of audiences.
- Strategic acumen to determine most effective utilization of production assets to provide world class service to customers and cost-optimization to the company.
- Interest and willingness to travel in the US and internationally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at every level of the organization as well as with customers, suppliers, regulatory personnel and government officials.
- Excellent negotiation skills for supply contracts and purchasing agreements that are necessary for a smooth production planning process to meet customer needs.
If you are ready for an exciting new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.