1086 Burlington Pike Florence, KY 41042
Job Opportunity – AR/AP Specialist - Zimmer Motors - Florence, KY
Are you a detail-oriented Accountant ready for your next adventure with a growing company? Do you want to utilize your knowledge and experience to make an impact? We are looking for you to join our growing company!
Zimmer Motors is a family owned and operated car dealership, we value most of all the spirit of cooperation and communication among our extended ' family of employees' in Florence, Kentucky. The great number of employees who have worked here for long periods of time and our low turnover of employees speak for the sense of fairness with which we try to treat our customers as well as our employees. Our company' s reputation has been built through the years on dedicated community services. The public confidence and respect we enjoy have been earned through hard work by every employee. Customer confidence gives our dealership an advantage over competitors. We are looking to add a AR/AP Specialist to the team!
As the AR/AP Specialist, you will be responsible for accounts payable and receivables as well as preparing financial reports. Additionally, you will be responsible to:
- Reconcile and deposit service and parts receipts, including charge cards, on a daily basis.
- Receipt all monies received from vehicle sales, checks for money due, and provides drafts for dealer signature.
- Enter finalized cash receipts and updates accounts receivable ledger by customer.
- File all cash receipt records, check stubs, and bank receipts.
- Prepare cash deposits and fills out the cash control sheet daily.
- Reconcile statements and follows up collections as necessary.
- Prepare accounts receivable statements monthly.
- Perform background checks on credit applications. Gives approvals for current charges.
- Process daily credit card deposits.
- Research and processes chargebacks, returns, and bad checks.
- Answer accounts receivable phone calls and follows up on inquiries.
- Update customers' account information.
- Input new vehicles into the computer system.
- Fill in for other support positions as needed and directed by management.
- Check all vouchers and obtains appropriate payment approval.
- Prepare accounts payable checks.
- Post all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis.
- Print all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files.
- Reconcile statement and the ledger making sure that payments are consistent with dealership schedules.
- Reconcile cash schedule.
- Maintain petty cash system.
- Communicate cash requirements for payable dates to the office manager.
- Audit freight bills against freight inquiries.
- Manage all vendor accounts.
- Reconcile bank balances on a daily basis.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Provides information to customers, employees, and vendors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor' s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a strong company. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.