Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
Career Opportunity: Buyer with strategic HR, inc Client in Cincinnati, Ohio
Are you an experienced Buyer who thrives on buying a wide variety and volume of parts? Are you up for the challenge of owning the buying process? Are you self-motivated, organized and capable of developing solutions to new and existing problems? If so, this is your next opportunity!
Our client is a manufacturer in the Cincinnati area and is looking for a Buyer to own responsibility of direct purchases in given geography. As our Buyer, you will be responsible for the procurement of raw materials and finished goods. You will execute sales, inventory and operations planning for both raw materials and finished goods, working autonomously, and determining strategy for cost savings. You’ ll also evaluate supplier performance and develop alternative sources of supplies. We need someone who is self-motivated and has great customer service skills. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Generate purchase orders based on customer demand and forecast.
- Responsible for reduction of inventory levels while achieving high material availability to meet production/customer schedule.
- Source and qualify alternate suppliers for new and existing products.
- Monitor status of PO’ s with suppliers.
- Coordinate with production to help determine material demand.
- Generate supplier reports and corrective actions.
- Monitor supplier on-time delivery
- Review data and make strategic decisions.
Qualified candidates should be team players who are customer-focused with a strong work ethic, and have:
- Bachelor’ s degree.
- 1-2 years of purchasing experience with a minimum of 1 year direct material purchasing to support product manufacturing.
- ERP and MRP experience as a buyer.
- A comprehensive knowledge of procurement processes and negotiations is essential.
- Advanced Excel experience.
If you are ready for an exciting challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!