2550 Henkle Drive Lebanon, OH 45036
Job Opening – Chemist - JBS Industries - Lebanon, OH
Are you a savvy Bench Chemist? Are you known for your strong technical skills and business acumen? Would you like to help shape new, ground-breaking technology? Bring your exceptional communication skills, entrepreneurial spirit, and team-player attitude to JBS Industries!
JBS Industries is a leading car wash supplies manufacturer that has been creating high-quality car wash and industrial cleaners since 1979. Since then, JBS has continued to grow its business and client base across the entire spectrum of professional cleaning. Today, our customers range from dog groomers to big-rig wash owners to maintenance crews involved in aviation. We remain a trusted automatic car wash supplies manufacturer and a provider of top-performing cleaning solutions used in other industries as well.
The Chemist role provides expert-level technical service support both internally and externally. The Chemist will be responsible for sourcing products for purchasing, preparing blends and formulations for customers, as well as evaluating new chemistries for effectiveness in blends. In addition, the Chemist will:
- Make offset recommendations.
- Solve technical problems with strong formulation experience.
- Provide technical training for sales.
- Provide assistance with commodity chemicals.
- Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine and confirm chemical and physical properties.
- Apply analytical and statistical methods on manufactured products to develop and improve products, track quality characteristics.
- Generate certificates of analysis and/or conformance for manufactured or blended products.
- Provide support for maintenance of quality system.
- Collaborate with technical representatives and engineers regarding product applications and characteristics.
- Prepare standards and specifications for processes, facilities, products, and tests.
- Initiate development and maintenance of statistical quality control techniques.
- Write and develop appropriate documents associated with sampling and lab activities.
- Investigate rejected or suspect product (i.e. RMA' s).
Qualified candidates should enjoy a manufacturing environment, be a strong leader with a solid business acumen, and have:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in basic chemical analytical methods.
- Strong working knowledge of chemistry and chemical production processes.
- Training in problem-solving techniques and team building skills.
- Training in statistical techniques and concepts of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong business acumen to make joint sales calls with the sales team and customers.
- Intrinsic ability to be a valuable and respected team player.
- Knowledge of SDS sheets, ISO-9001 and SDS Pro system.
JBS Industries is your chance to put your skills and experience to the test. Bring your exceptional technical experience to help us increase capacity with this industry. You can be the change to clean!
If you are ready for a new challenge and meet the qualifications outlined above, apply online today!
Visit www.jbsindustries.com learn more. Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.