Delivery Service Representative - Louisville
3230 Frankfort Ave Louisville, Kentucky 40206
Job Opportunity: Delivery Service Representative in Louisville, KY
Do you have a strong sense of customer service? Do you thrive on being active throughout your day? Are you looking to join a team that runs on service, professionalism and building relationships? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
At All Occasions Event Rental, we’ ve built our reputation on outstanding customer service, a knowledgeable staff, and the most impressive array of products in the Tri-State area. We are nationally recognized as having the highest number of Certified Event Rental Professionals (CERP) of any rental company in the United States and Canada. Through membership in professional organizations, frequent buying trips, continuing professional education and our extensive connections in the rental community, we stay on the cutting edge.
We are looking to grow our team with a Delivery Service Representative (DSR) to help serve our clients. The DSR will be responsible for the physical delivery, set up and pickup of rental items to our clients. As the face of the company, and typically the person with the most direct contact with our client, it is imperative that the DSR display the highest level of customer service possible with all personal interactions.
- Loading/unloading delivery trucks – lifting up to around 80 lbs.
- Making deliveries to clients and setting up items as needed.
- Maintaining accurate delivery and pick-up records.
- Accurately accounting for quantity/condition of items returned by clients to the warehouse.
- Knowing specifics and applications of rental inventory, so to better answer questions and provide direction.
- While driving company vehicles: serving as company representative, observing all laws and drive in a safe and courteous manner, and completing safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles.
- Maintaining communication with the Transportation Manager while efficiently completing your daily route.
- Immediately reporting to the Transportation Manager all issues, accidents and near misses that may occur with a customer, a customer’ s property, an AO employee, AO equipment, or other property while running a route.
The DSR will be expected to adhere to all company methods, policies, procedures, rules and requirements found in the All Occasions Employee Handbook and DSR Manual, as well as verbal directions from company managers. They will also comply with all company safety rules and government regulations while working.
The primary hours for this position are between 7: 00 am - 5: 00 pm, Monday - Saturday, but due to the nature of the business and this position, other hours will be required as necessary to provide for customer needs, including some Holidays, Sundays and after hours.
As this position does require occasional outdoor set-up, you may be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area. You will occasionally work in areas that are not heated or air conditioned. You may have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required.
The ideal candidate must be able to lift approximately 80 lbs., maintain a professional personal appearance, and must possess excellent customer relations skills. They will also be able to stoop, crouch, bend, lift, lower, reach, twist, pull, push, cart and carry items.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must maintain a valid driver’ s license, DOT certification, and insurance eligibility.
- Ability to speak English clearly and write legibly.
- The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Ability to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or demonstrated form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.
- Must be 25 years old.
If you’ re looking for a great career opportunity with a growing, reputable company, apply online today!
Employer is M/F/D/V. Please, no third-party contacts.