4393 Digital Way Mason, Ohio 45040
Career Opportunity: DevOps Engineer with Apex Supply Chain Technologies in Cincinnati, OH
Are you an expert in Java application support? Do you thrive on automating, deploying, monitoring, and supporting production SaaS applications? If so, we want to speak with you about this opportunity.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control the flow of materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing Mason, Ohio technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a client base of over 17, 000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We have need for a mid level DevOps Engineer to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for automating, managing, deploying, monitoring, securing and ensuring availability of all production and non-production application environments that power Apex’ s cloud platform. This is a hands-on technical role that is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing team that works with many leading SaaS and cloud technologies!
Additionally, you will be responsible to:
- Administer, monitor, upgrade, tune, test, secure and ensure high availability of applications and middleware in Apex’ s 24x7 SaaS environments.
- Design automated, robust, scalable and easily supported SaaS application deployment and support processes.
- Lead on-call efforts such as software deployments, maintenance, troubleshooting and issue escalations.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and periodically testing high availability and recovery procedures.
- Maintain the health of all application environments by identifying and applying patches and hotfixes for security, stability and performance.
- Analyze current and projected application capacity and performance requirements; fine-tune or recommend changes when necessary.
Requirements for the position include:
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 5+ total years supporting Java application servers in a SaaS production environment running JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic or Tomcat with at least 2 years in a senior or lead role.
- Strong aptitude with server and application troubleshooting and the ability to drive to root cause on a wide variety of issues.
- Firm grasp of message queuing, publish/subscribe and broker-based technologies such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
- High degree of comfort with the Linux command line interface.
- Working knowledge of high availability application architectures.
- Experience utilizing enterprise grade appliances such as F5 Big-IP or Citrix NetScaler for application delivery.
The following capabilities are highly desirable in the successful candidate:
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is highly desirable.
- Experience with reverse proxy configurations using Nginx, Caddy, etc. is highly desirable.
- Experience with Git (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, VSTS, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Node.js experience is a plus.
- AWS, Azure or GCP experience is a plus.
- Application development experience is a plus.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.