Director of Design Build
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Career Opportunity: Director of Design Build – Al. Neyer – Cincinnati, OH
Do you have a passion for design and construction? Do your team members love working with you because of your proactive approach and exceptional ability to communicate and mobilize resources to consistently bring projects to a successful closure? If so, we want to speak with you about our position!
For nearly 125 years Al. Neyer has been an established leader, concentrating on commercial real estate development and design-build innovation and delivering integrity, collaboration, value and timeliness to every project.
The Director of Design/Build has complete responsibility for projects, starting at initial client contact and ending when the project closeout is completed. This position ensures that assigned projects meet all internal and external expectations including but not limited to client satisfaction, budget, timing, quality and safety. Additionally, the role is responsible to ensure the group’ s actions are in keeping with Al. Neyer’ s vision, purpose, values, and mission. The role is responsible for the effective and full utilization of the team’ s capacity and for team member’ s development.
In addition, the Director of Design/Build will:
- Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee, and pricing decisions.
- Provide oversight for budget and financial management of assigned projects.
- Participate in Design/Build sales efforts with responsibility for estimate and proposal preparation.
- Participate in development and lease efforts with responsibility for estimate and “ Scope of Work” preparation.
- Ensure the preliminary design, estimate and proposal conform to the client’ s needs and expectations for budget, aesthetics, scope, and schedule.
- Negotiate construction contract terms with client or Development Group, subject to Market Leader, Design/Build approval.
- Partner with company’ s Development Group to support company goals for real estate development, investments and revenues.
- May pre-qualify or engage primary subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor project performance.
- Maintain client contact and approve all project change orders.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Design/Build will have:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or previous experience
- Minimum of 8 years of project management experience with commercial and/or industrial construction
- At least 3 years of experience with conceptual estimating
- Sales experience in commercial or industrial construction
- Familiarity with Design/Build methodologies
- Reliable transportation for at least 4 people between regional client facilities, jobsites, and headquarters
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a company impacting the city skyline, apply online today.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.