Director of IT Infrastructure and Security
4393 Digital Way Mason, OH 45040
Career Opportunity: Director of IT Infrastructure and Security with Apex Supply Chain Technologies in Mason, OH
Are you an expert in IT Security? Do you excel at infrastructure design, implementation, and management? Are you skilled in DevOps for cloud SaaS environments? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We have need for a Director of IT Infrastructure and Security to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH. The Director of IT Infrastructure and Security is responsible for our cloud and on-premise platforms, infrastructure, networking, IT security, site reliability engineering, IT operations and the internal service desk. The successful candidate will provide leadership and technical strategy while delivering large-scale, high-throughput systems and achieving operational excellence. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Directs IT Infrastructure & Security team, including setting priorities, coordinating projects and resources, and the reporting of group activities.
- Oversees the upgrade and administration of applications, servers, storage, databases, networks, security, desktops / laptops, mobile phones and peripherals to achieve high availability and performance objectives.
- Negotiates and establishes service level agreements in alignment with company and department objectives and customer needs.
- Defines IT Infrastructure & Security strategy and standards to ensure 24x7 operations that exceed service level agreements.
- Evaluates, recommends, implements and administers cloud-based services to provide key functionality to customers and internal users. Negotiates and manages contracts with key service providers to ensure service levels are met.
- Designs, implements, deploys and manages systems/applications monitoring processes and tools to proactively identify and resolve problems within our computing environments.
- Effectively and efficiently manages internal service desk resources and technology to resolve end-user issues and requests.
- Ensures compliance with GDPR, PCI, ISO and other necessary controls to protect data and information assets.
Candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done, and have:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management or related fields.
- 8+ years’ experience building and managing high caliber infrastructure and security teams.
- 12+ years progressive hands-on experience in IT systems administration, network administration, database administration, security, operations and 24x7 support.
- 8+ years enterprise systems architecture, design and implementation experience, including high availability environments.
- 5+ years of service delivery and project management experience.
- Well-versed in best practices and evolving architectural trends, including experience utilizing cloud IaaS and PaaS and building SaaS-based applications with AWS, Azure, Office365, etc.
- Strong understanding of common enterprise services (directory services, etc.), products (IBM / HP servers, Cisco UCS, NetApp, EMC, fiber channel, VMWare, Netbackup, CommVault, Cisco Nexus, Cisco ASA, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), containers, middleware, messaging protocols and databases.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL and change management systems and methodologies.
- Strong experience negotiating and managing hardware, software and services contracts.
If you are looking for a great career on the forefront of IoT business opportunities, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.