Director of Purchasing - Flavors
10139 Commerce Park Drive Cincinnati, Ohio 45246
Career Opportunity: Director of Purchasing - Flavors with Frutarom— West Chester/Cincinnati, OH
Are you an expert in the flavors industry? Do you take pride in being an expert negotiator with a strong drive for success? Have you had an extensive career managing the purchasing function within one or multiple organizations? If you are looking for the next step in your career, Frutarom has the opportunity for you!
Who we are: Established in 1933, Frutarom is a rapidly growing international flavor and fine ingredients company that is in the top 10 firms globally within the industry. We develop, manufacture and market an extensive variety of high quality flavors and fine ingredients for customers in the food, beverage, functional food, flavor, fragrance, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and cosmetic industries.
What you will do: As the Director of Purchasing, you will be responsible for managing and facilitating the purchasing of all services and materials used; including raw materials for production, hard goods for the plant & office, packaging materials and office supplies.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and directing the daily activities of the Purchasing Department in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Setting priorities and expediting materials from the vendor into the facility.
- Negotiating all materials not covered by a global agreement, including corresponding sourcing, alternate vendor approval and contracting tasks.
- Monitoring raw material markets to give proper and timely input to the Sales and Pricing functions of the company.
- Managing the inventory of raw materials and packaging supplies along with the Production Control Department and the vendor.
- Managing the Import and Export Departments.
- Negotiating specifications with vendors along with QC and QA.
- Developing a procurement team that can manage the strategic and the operational demands of the company; both from a local and a global perspective.
- Negotiating all contracts and purchasing agreements with suppliers and all prices for goods & services purchased.
- Monitoring the traffic of materials into the US and out of the US.
What we need from you: The ideal candidate will have purchasing experience in the flavors industry. This person needs to be an excellent problem solver who can develop innovative solutions to complex problems with a global vision of the company and the markets.
Additionally, you will need:
- A Bachelor’ s Degree in a Science (Food or Chemistry) or in Business.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Buyer or Purchasing Manager in the flavors industry.
- The ability to communicate effectively to Senior Executives, to Global Lead Buyers and suppliers & vendors of a variety of materials and services; both local and global.
- The ability to effectively negotiate to drive success.
- Experience working in a matrix organization is a plus.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing international company. Come join us! Apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.