Engineer - Rubber Materials
6156 Wesselman Rd Cincinnati, OH 45248
Job Opportunity – Engineer – Rubber Materials with Sur-Seal in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have knowledge of material characteristics of Rubber? Do you like to keep track of current trends in the market place? Can you coordinate with suppliers and Sales teams to bring new product lines to market? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a half century, Sur-Seal has been providing innovative solutions to internationally known manufacturers in the HVAC, Lighting, and Medical industries. Sur-Seal is a leader in rubber and plastic products, has revolutionized lighting with optically clear silicone and thermal interface materials, and provides rapid prototyping capabilities in clean room environments. We excel at innovation.
Sur-Seal is looking for an Engineer – Rubber Materials to develop engineered materials solutions to meet customer requirements in focused applications and markets.
Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Define and develop Sur-Seal’ s material solution roadmap for the next 5 and 10 years.
- Develop materials solutions in focused application and market spaces
- Collaborate with suppliers, and Sur-Seal internal teams to create new and strategic material solutions
- Work together with 3rd party testing and certification organizations to qualify new materials for specific applications.
- Connect with a wide-ranging supplier network to drive new material development.
- Be a spokesperson for Sur-Seal engineering competencies, including creating technical literature and presentations, and speaking and presenting this content to customer groups, and attending appropriate conferences.
- Support sustainable win-win relationships within key customer accounts.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions and competitor’ s products, innovation and pricing.
- Prepare drawings, sketches, specifications or testing plans as required, design or modify existing products or materials to suit customer needs and prepare proposals for the customer.
- Maintain awareness and support Materials Compliance such as REACH, RoHS, and CA Prop 65.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, self-starter, with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- BS degree in Engineering or BA in Material Science required (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering; Material Science as in Chemistry, Polymer, etc.).
- 6 years of professional work experience preferred (3 years required).
- Experience with UL, NSF, FDA and other 3rd party Material Standards Certification preferred.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.