Field Service Engineer
1425 Kingsview Dr Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Job Opportunity – Field Service Engineer with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati
Do you thrive on providing high levels of technical support? Do you have deep technical knowledge with large equipment operation and construction? Do you like to travel? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a century, Kadant has been delivering smart and efficient solutions to process industries. As a global leader in fiber processing; fluid handling; doctoring, cleaning, and filtration; and wood processing systems, we design and manufacture products used in industries ranging from paper to plastics and textiles to tires.
Kadant is looking for a Field Service Engineer to supervise and provide technical support to KBC customers with the installation, check-out, start-up, and troubleshooting of KBC equipment and systems. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Supervises customer personnel in the proper installation, operation, and maintenance of KBC equipment.
- Conducts equipment operation testing, and recommends corrective actions.
- Conducts technical training at customer sites on KBC equipment and systems operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Evaluates customer maintenance practices and procedures to identify areas to improve the maintainability and operation of KBC equipment.
- Participates in routine reviews of field technical issues with various cross-functional teams within KBC to include Engineering, Applications, and Quality, to help determine recommended corrective actions.
- Submits highly detailed call reports to KBC management.
- Represents KBC in responding to customer issues and providing resolutions to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
- Promotes the use of KBC parts and services when working with customer representatives.
Requirements for this position include:
- A four-year related degree is preferred, with a minimum 3 years of technical equipment operations experience.
- A broad knowledge of manufacturing, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of equipment and systems operation is required.
- Extensive travel is required, up to 85-90%. Will travel to Canada and possibly Mexico, must have a passport or the ability to get a passport.
- Occasional weekends and holidays are required. Also, being on-call for 24-hour emergency service support is necessary.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.