Grounds Team Member
2145 Compton Rd Cincinnati, Ohio 45231
Career Opportunity: Grounds Team Member – Arlington Memorial Gardens – Cincinnati, OH
Do you consider yourself to be a reliable, hard worker with a passion for working outdoors? Are you a natural communicator? Do you excel in building and cultivating relationships with your team and those around you? See what Arlington Memorial Gardens has to offer!
The Arlington Memorial (AM) Gardens are acknowledged as the largest “ memorial park” cemetery the Cincinnati region and widely acclaimed for its beauty. The AM Gardens have evolved into a 165-acre full-service, non-sectarian, non-denominational cemetery serving people of all faiths and religions who reside throughout Greater Cincinnati. We are seeking individuals to join our Grounds Team.
Our Grounds Team is focused on preparing sites and maintaining the grounds. Our Grounds Team is responsible for the following:
- Cutting grass, maintaining lawns, trimming around trees, walkways and memorial markers, laying sod, moving / removing flowers to and from chapel and graveside.
- Clearing debris and maintaining drives / walkways in safe condition. May require snow removal depending on location.
- Operating hand-held tools and equipment, including, but not limited to: shovel, pick, rake, sledge hammer, lawn mower, weed trimmer and leaf blower.
- Preparing minor repairs to grave markers.
- Erecting tents / canopies and arranging chairs for graveside ceremony.
- Preparing crypts for entombments.
- Installing grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintaining and repairing existing markers and other cemetery features.
- Assisting with setup for openings and closings for interments, entombments and inurnments.
- Under supervision, may operate backhoe to dig graves without damage to surrounding vaults, markers or monuments.
- Operating equipment in a safe and careful manner to avoid damage to cemetery property.
- Maintaining, servicing, cleaning and properly storing equipment.
- May assist in loading and unloading of caskets
- May assist in moving and installing vaults.
What you will need:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Valid driver’ s license.
- To be able to provide proof of insurance.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Able to lift up to 70lbs.
- Ability to follow directions and read maps.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a professional, growing organization. Come join us! Apply online or call 513-486-4823 today.
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.