332 E 8th St. Cincinnati, OH 45202
Job Opportunity – HR Generalist with GBBN in Cincinnati, OH
Are you a hands-on HR Generalist who thrives in a fast-paced, growing environment? Are you a well-organized self-starter with a knack for getting things done? If yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
At GBBN we combine technical mastery and creative tenacity to design solutions that empower people and enhance their lives. Our passion is crafting bold and inspiring spaces. Our joy comes from letting ideas run freely, unleashing creativity to the fullest, and delivering results in ways clients never thought possible. We do it all in a spirited, collaborative environment that values innovation and celebrates the diversity of our global family.
GBBN is looking for an HR Generalist that will work directly with senior HR management as well as with senior managers and employees to accomplish company objectives. You will provide support to all areas of the operations with a strong focus on recruitment/employment, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
We are looking for the HR Generalist to bring an energetic “ can do” approach with an exceptional attention to detail and multi-tasking ability. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing recruitment strategies; coordinating the screening, interviewing and recruiting of job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
- Planning and coordinating new employee orientation and training.
- Administering the student employment program; responsible for recruiting, placing, and reviewing co-op resources.
- Maintaining employee records, ensuring compliance with local, state and deferral laws; maintaining human resource information system records including tax and benefit deductions; compiling reports as necessary.
- Monitoring benefit plan eligibility, reviewing benefits with employees and processing enrollments, changes and cancellations; organizing and managing annual open enrollment; monitoring invoices, reconciling employee deductions and approving invoices for payment.
- Administering performance review programs; track individual goals and alignment with project needs.
- Analyzing organizational training needs; assisting in design and implementation of programs to meet those needs.
- Advising on organizational safety and working conditions including maintaining necessary records and files.
- Identifying legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensuring policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; preparing and maintaining the employee handbook.
Bring your exceptional detail orientation and ability to build relationships, along with:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in human resources, architecture or design firm preferred.
- A bachelor’ s degree in business administration or related field with specialization in Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge of employment, compliance and regulatory laws and regulations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, and prior experience utilizing an HRIS system, LinkedIn recruiting and social media.
- Demonstrated hands-on organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working under tight deadlines and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Professional in human resources certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a professional, growing, family-owned organization. Come join us and apply online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.