Human Resources Manager
370 Davids Dr Wilmington, OH 45177
Career Opportunity: Human Resources Manager – Sewell Motor Express – Wilmington, OH
Are you a hands-on HR Manager looking for an opportunity to drive change? Do you describe yourself as a self-motivated, go-getter with a passion for the work you do? Are you up for accomplishing projects in an effective and efficient manner? This is a unique opportunity to help set the tone for our future!
Sewell Motor Express is a family owned and operated dry van and flatbed trucking company based in Wilmington, OH. Since our founding in the 1920’ s, Sewell Motor Express has grown from a small LTL (Less Than Truckload) and household moving company to our present-day flatbed and dry van fleet. Our current fleet consists of 65 tractors and over 160 trailers. In recent years we’ ve also expanded into commercial warehousing and storage trailers to better serve our customers’ needs. We are looking to add a Human Resource Manager to the team!
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for:
- Evaluating and assessing pay range and pay scales.
- Leading the onboarding process, as well as handling terminations and layoffs.
- Creating job descriptions for positions within the company.
- Benefits administration and negotiation.
- Administering and developing an employee review program.
- Administering FMLA, ADA, EEOC filing and 401(k) programs.
- Overseeing Worker’ s Comp.
- Complete understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements and Safety Programs.
- Implementing and annually updating compensation programs; conducting annual salary surveys and developing merit pool (salary budget), analyzing compensation, and monitoring performance evaluation program and revising as necessary.
- Ensuring compliance by making recommendations for system improvements.
- Updating company policies and employee handbook as needed.
- Developing and implementing strategic recruitment plan; ensuring selection of highly qualified personnel.
The ideal candidate for the Human Resources Manager will need strong organizational skills with the ability to evaluate current situations and make recommendations for improvements. Additionally, you will need:
- A Bachelor’ s Degree in HR or related field strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of Human Resources experience.
- Experience with employee relations.
- PHR/SPHR a plus.
- Multi-state HR experience a plus.
This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact with a great company! Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Please no third- party candidates.