Maintenance Shift Manager
1801 Crawford St Middletown, OH 45044
Career Opportunity: Maintenance Shift Manager – AK Steel – Middletown, OH
Do you thrive on keeping machines up and running in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment? Are you an excellent communicator who is relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement, quality and safety? If so, AK Steel has the career opportunity for you!
Who we are: The priorities of the companies are first – SAFETY, then quality and continuous improvement. AK Steel is a leading producer of high quality, flat-rolled carbon, stainless, and electrical steel products, primarily for automotive, appliance, manufacturing, and other markets.
What you will do: As the Maintenance Shift Manager you will supervise and direct the work of hourly bargaining unit employees, including planning, managing, and reviewing their work performance. Additionally, you will:
- Manage equipment troubleshooting, repairs, root cause analysis, and equipment upgrades.
- Participate and implement the safety program’ s goals to ensure a safe work environment by conducting safety contacts, observations, meetings, and audits.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Work a rotating shift schedule.
What we need from you: We are looking for the Maintenance Shift Manager to bring strong leadership skills, excellent communications and passion to pursue safety, quality and continuous improvement initiatives. Additionally, the Maintenance Shift Manager will need:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, preferred.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience supervising maintenance employees in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a union environment, preferred.
- Experience in heavy manufacturing maintenance to include mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and/or pneumatic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving as well as excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Position requires a rotating shift assignment that rotates on a 21-turn rotation including daylight shift, afternoon shift, and night shift. This rotation is a requirement of the job. If you cannot support it, do not apply.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact with an industry leader who recognizes character and integrity as the pillars of our success. This position comes with excellent benefits and growth potential. Apply online today!
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. Local candidates please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided at this time.