Manager of IT Security Engineering
4393 Digital Way Mason, OH 45040
Career Opportunity - Manager of IT Security Engineering - Apex Supply Chain Technologies - Mason, OH
Do you thrive on designing, implementing, and managing ongoing support of existing and new security initiatives? Can you oversee a team of security engineers? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We have need for a Manager of Network and Security Engineering to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH. The Manager of Network and Security Engineering is expected to be a hands-on leader who oversees a team of network and security engineers in the design, implementation and ongoing support of existing and new systems. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain security standards, procedures, and policy surrounding enterprise firewall architecture.
- Works closely with various internal groups and vendors to ensure operational stability and that new applications meet the security requirements of the company.
- Act as a Tier-3 technical support escalation point, react to and resolve escalated operational and production related incidents.
- Manage security in public cloud environments.
- Provide management oversight to the continuous improvement of the security posture of the overall network.
- Evaluate new and emerging threats as well as network automation processes and new technologies. Participate in or lead technology proof of concept activities.
- May be assigned responsibilities within a diverse set of IT security subject areas such as: Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, vulnerability and risk management, digital forensics and e-discovery support, PII data protection, identity and access management, security operations or intrusion detection.
- Gather information to respond to security questionnaires from current and prospective clients.
- Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and security operations.
- Work with cross functional teams on various projects.
- Provide technical and financial reports to management on a periodic and on-demand basis.
Candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done, and have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field. Master’ s degree in Computer Science is a plus.
- 10+ years progressive hands on experience in network and security infrastructure design, operations and management.
- Experience in managing, building, and mentoring teams of high caliber engineers.
- Solid understanding of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and O365 security.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the following information security areas:
- Information security assessment and auditing procedures, from both technical and business perspectives, and the use of formal methodologies.
- Vulnerability scanning and auditing tools.
- IDS/IPS, SIEM technologies.
- E-commerce application security.
- Computer investigation and forensics methods and technologies.
- Experience with designing and implementing IAM and SSO solutions a plus
- Strong understanding of encryption and key management technologies a plus
- Experience with AWS or Azure security a plus
- Networking and Security certifications a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Security and compliance frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, etc. a plus
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools a plus.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to interact with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a professional manner.
- Strong team player with good problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and take on work outside of this job description.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.