Manager of Network and Security Engineering
4393 Digital Way Mason, OH 45040
Career Opportunity: Manager of Network and Security Engineering with Apex Supply Chain Technologies in Mason, OH
Do you thrive on designing, implementing, and managing cloud based/virtualized environments? Can you oversee a team of network and security engineers? If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a rapidly-expanding client base of over 10, 000 corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1000 and Forbes Global 1000 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We have need for a Manager of Network and Security Engineering to join the team at our corporate headquarters in Mason, OH. The Manager of Network and Security Engineering is expected to be a hands-on leader who oversees a team of network and security engineers in the design, implementation and ongoing support of existing and new systems. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining worldwide network service portfolio and technical architecture.
- Managing security in public cloud environments.
- Working closely with various internal groups and vendors to ensure operational stability and that new applications meet the security requirements of the company.
- Acting as a Tier-3 technical support escalation point, reacting to and resolving escalated operational and production related incidents.
- Evaluating new and emerging threats as well as network automation processes and new technologies.
- Developing and maintaining security standards, procedures, and policy.
Candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done, and have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field. Master’ s degree in Computer Science is a plus.
- 10+ years progressive hands-on experience in network and security infrastructure design, operations and management.
- Solid understanding of Windows, Linux, VMWare networking concepts.
- Solid understanding of DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and O365 security.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the following Networking areas:
- Configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP with switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Managing Cisco Nexus, ISRs, Catalyst switches and wireless devices.
- Load-balancing technology, preferably with F5, advanced firewall management.
- STP, VLANs, HSRP, IPSec VPN Tunnels, OSI layers, voice and data communication protocols.
- Managing VoIP systems a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the following information security areas:
- Information security assessment and auditing procedures, from both technical and business perspectives, and the use of formal methodologies.
- Vulnerability scanning and auditing tools.
- IDS/IPS, SIEM technologies.
- E-commerce application security.
- Computer investigation and forensics methods and technologies.
- Experience with designing and implementing IAM and SSO solutions a plus.
- Strong understanding of encryption and key management technologies a plus.
- Experience with AWS or Azure security a plus.
- Networking and Security certifications a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of Security and compliance frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST CSF, PCI DSS, etc. a plus.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools a plus.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.