Medical Assistant / Referral Clerk
1401 Steffen Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45215
Career Opportunity: Medical Assistant / Referral Clerk with Healthcare Connection in Cincinnati, OH
Are you a Medical Assistant/Referral Clerk who thrives in providing top notch care for your patients? Looking for an opportunity to make a difference to the population who needs your care? The HealthCare Connection has your next role!
The Healthcare Connection offers quality healthcare to all ages, all cultures, all incomes, all health concerns. As a Medical Assistant, you will work closely with the practitioners and other staff with patient treatment, ensuring the patient has a positive experience. You must be willing to provide care to both adult and pediatric patients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting providers with direct patient care including: interviewing the patient and documenting vitals and medical concerns and conditions;
- Conducting requested screening/tests
- Drawing blood and administering shots to patients
- Responding to telephone inquiries
- Maintaining equipment and supplies in exam rooms and office
- Completing encounter forms and code as necessary
- Conducting referrals for patients
- Other duties necessary to provide excellent patient care to the patients and to support our providers
- Graduate of a certified Medical Assistant program
- Active CPR certification
- One year of direct patient care experience in a physicians’ office, ambulatory care, or other like facility
- Preferred experience working with electronic health records, or proven computer skills a must
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information and relate to persons from diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
Founded in 1967, we were Ohio’ s first community health center. Our mission is the same today as it was when we first opened our operation. We are a leader in providing affordable, quality healthcare to low-income, underinsured, and uninsured persons living in northern Hamilton County.
The HealthCare Connection offers a solid benefits package and an opportunity to make a difference in your own community, by serving our mission. Come join our team! Apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please, no phone calls or third party candidates.