Non-Destructive Testing Supervisor
101 Landy Lane Cincinnati, Ohio 45215
Job Opportunity – Non-Destructive Testing Supervisor with General Tool in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have fierce attention to detail? Are you looking for a leadership role that ensures only the highest quality products are being produced? Do you have the adaptability to test custom products to meet strict industry standards? If you answered yes, we want to speak with you.
General Tool is looking for a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Supervisor that is a Level III NDT technician for all shifts.
General Tool is looking for a Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Supervisor that is a Level II NDT technician for second shift only.
For more than 70 years, General Tool Company has been an award winning supplier of mission critical hardware and systems to the world’ s leading Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial manufacturers. The foundations of our success are our technical expertise, our commitment to the highest technology machine tools and ancillary systems, as well as our project management team that keeps customers up to date.
This role leads and supervises nondestructive testing inspectors by assigning tasks and providing technical expertise and performing physical testing to accomplish quality, productivity / efficiency, schedule, cost and employee relations goals. Uses technical knowledge in NDT methods such as liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiography, ultrasonic, certified weld inspection and sound judgment to ensure key result areas are delivered and responsibilities are fulfilled. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prevent mistakes and protect Product and customer quality:
- Ensures inspectors are trained, certified and follow GTC processes.
- Maintains equipment and process calibrations.
- Creates NDT, chemical, and cleanliness procedures.
- Conducts welder qualification testing and certifications.
- Work effort and processes are productive and efficient through effective assignment of people and resources:
- Plans and coordinates NDT work.
- Assigns task to appropriate and certified team members.
- Monitors inspection and testing progress.
- Solves problems that could lead to work disruption, inefficiency and delay.
- Observes NDT work tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency improvement and eliminating areas of waste.
The ideal candidate for the NDT Supervisor will:
- Five years of demonstrated technical proficiency in NDT specific supervision.
- Certified Level III NDT Technician
- High School Diploma and equivalent technical institution (ASNT, AWS) testing and certification as CWI, Level lll inspector in at least three industry recognized NDT methods such as MT, PT and RT. Level ll UT certification is desirable.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today! Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.