901 South 15 th Street, Louisville, Kentucky 40210
Job Opportunity – Operations Manager with GN Building Products – Louisville, KY
Do you pride yourself on your ability to manage and inspire people? Do you thrive on continuous improvement and optimizing efficiency? Do you consistently go the extra mile to ensure on time shipping performance? Are you looking to shift your knowledge and skills into an Operations Manager role? If yes, we want to speak with you!
Great Northern Building Products are tops in manufacturing specialty products for several different industries. With products made in North America, our three different manufacturing divisions include specialty fasteners, drywall tools, and custom equipment manufacturing. We are seeking an Operations Manager to join our team.
As the Operations Manager, you will lead and manage the production operations and production employees to deliver products on time. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the overall management of the plant production ensuring in-time, cost effective and efficient production processes in the required quality and quantity.
- Ensuring the ongoing availability of people, materials, methods, & machines to operate the plant.
- Designing and conducting continuous improvement of production processes.
- Leading the production organization employee recruitment, training, development, scheduling, and performance management.
- Ensuring the plant operates in compliance within environmental, health, safety policies and procedures as well as local, state and federal laws.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a Production Manager/Supervisor and will excel in the following areas: Analyzing Complex Information, Problem Solving, Change Management and Performance Coaching. Additionally, you will need:
- An Associates or Bachelor' s degree in Engineering or relevant technical education.
- 10 plus years’ experience in manufacturing working with engineering drawings and software.
- 5 plus years leading manufacturing operations.
- Working knowledge of SAP or other MRP system.
- A hands-on attitude and willingness to work and lead as a team.
How to Apply: This is an exciting opportunity to make an impact in a growing company. Come join us by applying online today.
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.