6394 Thornberry Ct, #810 Mason, OH 45040
Career Opportunity: Ophthalmic Technician (Oculoplastics) – Apex Eye – Mason, OH
Do you just love being part of the ophthalmology world? Do you have ophthalmic experience and a passion for providing friendly customer service? We have the perfect opportunity for you at our company with a history of growth and outstanding leadership!
Apex Eye is a leading group practice of board-certified ophthalmologists, fellowship-trained eye specialists for cornea, retina, glaucoma and oculoplastics, licensed optometrists, and knowledgeable support staff. Our team shares a passion for excellence in eye care and dedication to delivering exceptional patient care. We continually strive to provide the best possible medical and surgical eye care for our patients in a pleasant, caring environment with seven convenient locations throughout the Greater Cincinnati, OH, area.
Due to our continued growth, we are adding an Ophthalmic Technician at Oculoplastics location in Mason, OH. The Ophthalmic Technician will be responsible for:
- Performing diagnostic tests including but not limited to the following: pupil assessment, visual acuity, tonometry, lensometry, color vision testing, OCT, Lenstar and visual field testing.
- Performing refractions utilizing manifest refraction technique.
- Taking medical history of patients (both ocular and medical) and family history (both ocular and medical) and document in medical records.
- Instilling eye medication for dilation and treatment
- Assisting in office examination procedures
- Setting up and maintaining examining room, equipment and supplies
- Assisting doctor in navigating the EMR and locating information
- Supporting work flow and documentation for medical record coding including scribing at the direction of the doctor
- Participates as a member of the ophthalmic research team performing administrative and ophthalmic testing as required by study protocol under the direction of the Clinical Research Coordinator
- Escorting patients to examining rooms
Apex Eye is looking for its Ophthalmic Technician to be empathetic, well- organized and detail-oriented, in addition to:
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus.
- Ophthalmic certification preferred or Certified Ophthalmic Assistant; non-certified candidates must obtain certification within one (1) year (paid for by Apex Eye).
- Knowledge of professional ophthalmic theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patients
- At least 1 year of prior medical office experience is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Strong computer and math skills, including familiarity with electronic records and ICD-10.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow co-workers and the public.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity in a growing field, apply online today. Excellent benefits (group health insurance, voluntary dental insurance, retirement plan, including 401K, and paid time off) are offered along with competitive compensation. To learn more visit www.apexeye.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Local candidates only please – relocation and sponsorship are not provided. No phone calls please.