Plastics Process Engineer
1425 Kingsview Dr Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Job Opportunity – Plastics Process Engineer with Kadant Black Clawson in Northern Cincinnati
Do you have a strong background in injection molding? Do you thrive on efficiency and quality? Do you have experience with project management? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a century, Kadant has been delivering smart and efficient solutions to process industries. As a global leader in fiber processing; fluid handling, doctoring, cleaning, and filtration; and wood processing systems, we design and manufacture products used in industries ranging from paper to plastics and textiles to tires.
Kadant is looking for a Plastics / Injection Molding Process Engineer to assess and document new processes, while evaluating existing processes. They will need an understanding of plastics, injection molding processes, project management and tooling. They will be responsible for the development and optimization of production and prototype molding processes. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Initiating molding-related cost-reduction efforts, and implementing efficiency opportunities.
- Building fixtures, jigs, outriggers, etc. as required to improve operation processes.
- Providing technical support and solutions for manufacturing processes with the goal of improving yield, reducing cost and improving quality.
- Working with planning and engineering staff to ensure efficiency, attaining goals and constant improvement.
- Implementing measurable standards, realistic goals and accountability procedures.
- Supporting new products, processes and tooling.
- Developing and documenting manufacturing operations.
- Applying statistical methods to better forecast future manufacturing efforts.
- Researching new and improved equipment processes.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- Have a Bachelor’ s degree in Plastics, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of practical work experience in an Injection Molding Operation.
- Have broad knowledge and experience in plastics materials, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing and quality.
- An understanding of statistical analyses and techniques for process improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have experience working under a QMS/ISO 9001 business quality system.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today! Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.