6156 Wesselman Rd Cincinnati, OH 45248
Job Opportunity – Production Supervisor with Sur-Seal in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have the ability to lead, motivate and inspire employees? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with complex operations? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than a half century, Sur-Seal has been providing innovative solutions to internationally known manufacturers in the HVAC, Lighting, and Medical industries. Sur-Seal is a leader in rubber and plastic products, has revolutionized lighting with optically clear silicon and other thermal interface materials, and provides rapid prototyping capabilities in clean room environments. We excel at innovation.
Sur-Seal is looking for Production Supervisor for both 1st and 2nd shift that will be responsible for managing all aspects of production in an assigned area, and is focused on leading and building a winning team through Sur-Seal’ s values and continuous improvement. This position drives improvements in safety, culture, quality, customer service, productivity, cost, and production lead time.
Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Leads, builds, and empowers a team of 20 to 45 production staff, consisting 2 to 4 Production Supervisors.
- Drives safety improvements and holds everyone to a high standard outlined in Sur-Seal’ s EHS policy.
- Recruits, hires, coaches, and promotes talented team members that represent Sur-Seal’ s values.
- Communicates daily with all team members to promote new ideas and two-way feedback. A clear vision of the future is frequently and clearly communicated to the entire team.
- Communicates daily with other Production Leaders, operating as a plant leadership team working together to solve process issues between production areas and shifts.
- Focuses 50% of daily time on strategic improvements, new ideas, and kaizen activities.
- Manages the production schedule at a high level, looking for future capacity constraints and issues that could compromise quality or delivery. Responsible to justifying new positions that need to be added.
- Leads specific internal quality audits with direction from Quality.
- Takes ownership in the area by making sure quality processes are followed. Also drives root cause countermeasures in the area once a quality concern is identified.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy, self-starter, with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in leading and coaching a large team in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred bachelor' s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
- Strong ability to multi-task and stay organized in a fast-paced production environment.
- Excellent time management and analytical, problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills preferred; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to stand/walk for most of a work day and work in a factory/warehouse environment.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.