3460 Grant Drive Lebanon, Ohio 45036
Career Opportunity: Prototype Technician with Fecon in Lebanon, OH
Do you thrive on ensuring heavy equipment is in top running order? Do you think of yourself as a “ Master Tinkerer” when it comes to building, testing, and validating machinery?
Fecon is a leading manufacturer in the Forestry and Construction Industries for track carriers and attachments. Our international headquarters is located in Lebanon, Ohio and is home of the Bull Hog® mulcher. Fecon is continually adding to and advancing our robust product line. In fact, we’ ve recently added an additional 40, 000 square feet of manufacturing space. There’ s room for you to come and join this company on the move.
We are looking for a Prototype Technician in Fecon’ s R&D department where you will be a member of the team that builds, tests and validates new prototypes. The Prototype Technician will work closely with the other R&D team members and the engineering department to identify critical manufacturing techniques to facilitate implementation of new product launches.
The hours are Monday – Friday, 8: 00am – 4: 30pm with potential overtime which may include some weekends.
Job Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assemble the prototypes and be observant and proactive in considering more efficient ways of assembling units when they go to production.
- Assist with and perform testing and analysis of Fecon equipment, OEM equipment and the various systems with close attention to detail.
- Operate the machinery at the factory or at the test farms.
- Complete reports, record test findings and present issues in a professional manner.
- Act as lead man on the floor in the absence of the Lead R&D Tech.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with hydraulics, electronics, engines and power trains is required.
- Must be able to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- The ability to read welding and fabrication prints is a plus.
- Be self-motivated and have strong problem-solving abilities with a talent for thinking outside the box.
- Previous experience operating machines is desired, but not required.
This is an exciting opportunity to do something extraordinary: join a growing team that produces great equipment in the USA that is used around the world. Come join us by applying online today!
Employer is EEO/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls.