Quality Control Inspector
101 Landy Lane Cincinnati, Ohio 45215
Job Opportunity – Quality Control Inspector with General Tool in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have a passion ensuring only quality products are produced? Can you evaluate and inspect suppliers to meet our high quality standards? Do you have experience programming a CMM? If so, we want to speak with you about our position.
For more than 70 years, General Tool Company has been an award winning supplier of mission critical hardware and systems to the world’ s leading Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial manufacturers. The foundations of our success are our technical expertise, our commitment to the highest technology machine tools and ancillary systems, as well as our project management team that keeps customers up to date.
General Tool is looking for a Quality Control (QC) Inspector to inspect castings, forgings (raw state), fabrications, assemblies and machined workpieces at inspection, assembly or machining work centers for conformance to specifications, blueprints, using standard measuring devices, formulas, shop mathematics and precision measuring instruments. Some additional responsibilities of the QC Inspector are:
- Read and analyze blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions.
- Compute angles, radii, and other unspecified dimensions of workpiece using algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
- Measure dimensions, such as length, height, distance and angles using standard and precision measuring instruments such as CMMs, micrometers, V-blocks, sine bars, calipers, dial indicators, angle plates, snap gauge, gauge blocks, height gage, level protractors, optical comparators, bore gages, ultrasonic equipment and profilometer.
- Inspect first run parts, including fabrications and assemblies.
- Monitor inspection instrument calibrations.
- Write reports regarding inspection and testing results.
- Position castings, forgings or finished parts on surface plate and layout reference points and centerlines.
- Examine defective parts to determine cause of defect and recommend changes or modifications.
The ideal candidate for the Quality Control Inspector role will:
- Have an Associates Degree in Quality or Manufacturing related field or ten years of related experience.
- Have 5 years of inspection experience in job shop manufacturing environment.
- Experience with PC-DMIS software and AutoCAD drawing software. Programming in PC-DMIS preferred.
- Trained in Statistical Process Control (SPC) data collection techniques and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of math skills and the use of algebra, trigonometry and geometry.
- Be proficient in using all required test and inspection equipment needed to evaluate products.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality and continuous improvement in a cost-effective way to meet our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.