101 Landy Lane Cincinnati, Ohio 45215
Job Opportunity – Quality Engineer with General Tool in Cincinnati, OH
Do you have a passion for organizing the quality plan? Do you thrive on minimizing parts out of tolerance? Do you enjoy investigating and resolving quality issues? If so, we have the position for you!
For more than 70 years, General Tool Company has been an award winning supplier of mission critical hardware and systems to the world’ s leading Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial manufacturers. The foundations of our success are our technical expertise, our commitment to the highest technology machine tools and ancillary systems, as well as our project management team that keeps customers up to date.
General Tool is looking for a Quality Engineer to be a part of our engineering and manufacturing teams to drive continuous improvement and waste elimination in our processes. By developing quality plans and procedures, you will be instrumental in preventing errors from occurring in production operations. Some additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Reviews Non-conforming Material Reports and interfaces with supervisors and engineers to find effective Preventive Actions and mistake proofing.
- Collects data and analyzes all statistical data available to determine needed process improvements.
- Develops, analyzes and reports statistical quality performance information to assure communication is adequate for elevating awareness to the highest level possible.
- Aggressively develops and implements non-conformance prevention actions and mistake proofing in all business functions.
- Reviews all contracted specifications to ensure Quality Plan deliveries in spec products.
- Investigates all customer Corrective Action Requests, Returned Material Authorizations and customer complaints in a timely manner to identify process failures and to establish effective Corrective Actions to prevent any re-occurrence.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in a mechanical, industrial, or quality related field.
- Experienced with lean enterprise tools, six-sigma, and continuous improvement.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality related work in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience to effectively provide appropriate feedback to engineering, source inspectors, management and customers.
- Proven ability to facilitate team activities with an understanding of group dynamics.
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online today. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.