Registered Nurse - Springfield
5053 Wooster Road Cincinnati, OH 45226
Career Opportunity: Registered Nurse - OHC, Inc. – Springfield, OH
Do you have a passion for providing care? Are you committed to delivering the best possible experience to your patients? Are you a knowledgeable and compassionate Registered Nurse who is ready for the next step in your career? If so, we have the opportunity for you!
For over 30 years, OHC (Oncology Hematology Care, Inc.) has served as the region’ s premier provider of treatments for cancer and blood disorders, offering a wide range of services and state-of-the-art treatments and technologies, as well as being nationally recognized for cutting edge clinical research breakthroughs. OHC puts patients first by delivering compassionate and convenient care, tailored to meet a patient’ s medical and personal needs.
OHC is currently seeking Registered Nurses and Registered Nurse Leads to provide professional nursing care for patients adhering to national and company standards and guidelines. OHC puts patients first by delivering compassionate and convenient care, tailored to meet a patient’ s medical and personal needs. Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating knowledge of age specific differences in the patient population including physiological and developmental differences unique to each group.
- Assessing and monitoring therapy of patients using appropriate technical skills under the direction and supervision of a physician.
- Assisting physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintaining efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Demonstrating knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge capture.
- Performing venipuncture, accessing implanted ports and maintaining central venous access devices and alternate delivering systems.
- Documenting all elements of care.
- Communicating all pertinent information and any interventions to the physician or mid-level provider.
- Serving as a resource person to the medical assistants and LPNs.
- Triaging patient/family phone calls as needed and documents relevant information in the patient' s chart. Additionally, assessing patient/family needs and providing information.
- Demonstrating awareness of community resources available to patients and assisting with referrals if necessary.
- Providing nursing coverage for the satellite offices as needed.
- Following OSHA guidelines when handling cytotoxic agents, biohazardous waste and any other material potentially infected with a blood borne pathogen.
- Maintaining current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating in ongoing educational opportunities.
- Participating in professional development activities and maintaining professional affiliations.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
You’ ll need a patient-centric approach and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will need:
- For RNs: 0-3 years’ experience, preferably in an oncology environment.
- For RN Leads: 7+ years of experience required (supervisory/performance review experience preferred).
- Degree from an accredited program for professional nursing education, BSN preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification required within 3 months of hire.
If interested in joining a growing organization and positively impacting the quality of care for Oncology patients, apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third-party candidates.