Security System Technician
Columbus, OH 43215
Career Opportunity: Security System Technician – Matrix Systems – Columbus, OH
Do you have experience installing and troubleshooting access control, CCTV, or security systems that protect from threats of all kind? Are you an expert in low voltage equipment and circuits? If so, we’ ve got the perfect opportunity for you.
Matrix Systems, an industry leader in access control and security management solutions, is seeking an Security System Technician in Columbus, Ohio.
The ideal candidate will have experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems in commercial buildings. The Security System Technician must be able to work with open and closed circuits and understand voltages. The position is responsible for installation, servicing, and preventative maintenance activities. The selected candidate will be able to pass a 10 year Homeland Security background check for access across airports.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Installing access control and security systems to meet customer requirements.
- Troubleshooting access control systems.
- Presenting a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
- Performing scheduled, routine preventive maintenance on a variety of equipment/systems.
- Providing basic hand tools as needed for installation and maintenance of equipment.
- Supporting an on-call after hours rotation where you are required to respond to customer calls in a timely manner and may require site visits depending on the priority of the issue.
To qualify for this great opportunity, you should have:
- Three years’ experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, access control, and CCTV security systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electronics, security, or computer systems is a plus.
- IP Video and IT experience is a plus.
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls.
- A valid state driver’ s license, without restrictions, is required.
- Successful completion of drug screen, Homeland Security background check, and motor vehicle report.
Come join a growing company that is committed to their employees as well as to continuous process improvement. This is an excellent opportunity and offers a competitive compensation package starting at $19 an hour, medical insurance package, 401K plan with company match, and a flexible work environment.
If you have the required experience and qualifications, please apply online today!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. Please no third party candidates or phone calls. Relocation is not available.